Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hello World

Hello my name is Cody Sutherland and this is my blog for my leadership class.
I am currently living in the North Island of NEW ZEALAND.
My class will be deciding on a topic that could be upgraded or replaced in the community.

these are some of the ideas that we have come up with.
  • open a cinema/movie theater
  • plastic bag free-taihape
  • recycling
  • better grandstand
  • more youth sports opportunities
  • better tasting water/cleaning it up

these are some questions and answers about me.

the thing i like the most about Taihape is? That Taihape is a nice community and will help you if you are lost or trying to find a particular shop they will help you out.

The thing I like the least about Taihape is? That when you walk down the main street you see plastic-bags lying around and the town water always has a dirt taste and there arnt proper clothing shops like Gleason's or Cotton-on

If I were mare of Taihape I would? I would put more rubbish bins around town because Taihape is laking of them. And I would give the town a makeover such as a new paint job on the shops and cafes.

if I had $10,000 to spend on the community I would......make an out side pool and a playground and a new car park at the playground.

In my class we have some class guidelines and they are.......

  • participate
  • get your work done
  • be open to other peoples ideas
  • respect others and their resources

So make sugestions

OVER AND OUT

9 comments:

cody said...

this is a great page

Rachel Hansen said...

I agree! Your blog looks great! I am really excited about working with you on this project.

Unknown said...

I like your blog too Cody. I'll look in again next weekend to see developments!

Unknown said...

Hey Cody (and the World!) What a great start you have made. Good for you. I live in London - a very big and polluted city. We also need more bins and need to recycle more. If only more people would be as interested in protecting the environment as you and your class. Good luck buddy.

Ruth said...

Hi Cody

I'm writing to you from Dublin, Ireland, where I live by the sea. I met your teacher on the Aran Islands off Galway in Ireland, it's a tiny place, ask her to show it to you on a map. I'm very interested in your project and think it's an amazing idea. Did you know that in Ireland people now have to pay about 50c if they want a plastic bag when they shop? This law was brought in a few years ago here and it has really changed things, people bring cloth bags with them when they go shopping and you no longer see plastic bags hanging out of trees and washed up on the beaches. Maybe you could make that suggestion in your town? Anyway, I wish you good luck with your endevour, make sure you keep us updated! Ruth Stockdale, Dublin, Ireland

steff said...

hey Cody
your blog looks great and I really like your ideas for cleaning up Taihape. I live in London, England and we too see a lot of rubbish littering the street here which is such a shame. New Zealand is very well known around the world as a very 'clean and green' country so we need to do everything we can to keep it that way!! Good on you and your classmates for your choice of project. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. Good luck!
Stephanie Lee, London, England

cody said...

Thank guys that means alot that you are supporting my class.
talk soon bey!

cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cody said...

Hay thanks guys for all your comments and i hope that we have given you some ideas to help you clean up your town or city.